I provide psychotherapy integrating psychodynamic, interpersonal, and cognitive-behavioral therapies with mind-body and behavioral medicine approaches to help each person achieve balance and well-being. I work with older teens and adults.
TELEHEALTH: As of March 16, 2020, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, my office is closed to clients. All therapy sessions are provided by video or phone.
In addition to my private practice, I also provide video telehealth CBT and ERP therapy for OCD through NOCD (see treatmyocd.com for more info).
My specialties include:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety, including panic, phobias, social anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, and health anxiety;
- Pregnancy and postpartum anxiety and depression;
- Distress and anxiety related to medical conditions, such as cancers, auto-immune conditions, chronic pain, heart disease, asthma, migraine, digestive system disorders, and medically-unexplained symptoms.
I incorporate the following specialized approaches into therapy as needed:
- Stress management and relaxation techniques
- Clinical hypnosis
- ERP (exposure and response prevention, a specialized treatment for OCD)
My treatment approach is tailored to each individual's needs. I begin with a comprehensive assessment and diagnostic evaluation. I always look at the whole person and consider the many factors that may influence health and well-being: family relationships, social network, work, recreation, nutrition, exercise, sleep, substance use, medical care and medications, stressful events. My approach in therapy is always respectful, collaborative, calm, and hopeful.
I also provide clinical supervision to social work students, LCSW level social workers, psychology interns and post-docs. I provide clinical consultation to independently licensed mental health professionals.